Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What kids think of the Royal Wedding

There are souvenirs aplenty, books, documentaries - and even a TV film about their romance.

So surely everyone must know everything about Wills and Kate by now?

We asked children around the country for their take on the happy couple and the Royal Wedding - and some even got creative with their colouring pencils.

From a cake made of Smarties to a brown wedding dress and a honeymoon in Bangladesh, there are plenty of interesting ideas.

Here is what the kids think of the special couple in their own words - and pictures.

Luke Ellison, seven, from Chorley, Lancs, said: "My grandma told me all about the wedding. She loves it.

I know Kate and William will be getting married in a church and I think they're travelling there in a stretch-limo.

I've seen Kate on the news. She wears make-up and she has dark brown hair like my sister.

Prince William has blond hair like me. He is like James Bond, except for his face. He doesn't wear make-up like Kate does. William works in a castle. As for Kate, I don't have a clue what her job is.

I think they are going to America and then to Disneyland for their honeymoon. For their wedding presents they're going to get cakes, and maybe some of the kings and queens at the wedding will invite them to see their castles."

Luke's sister Keira, five, added: "I don't think Kate is a princess, not yet. For her wedding she'll wear a long, white dress, a veil in her hair and a necklace and bracelet.

Her bridesmaids will all be in pink. Her wedding present will be a sparkly crown.

I think their cake will have their picture on it and they'll go to Portugal for their honeymoon.

I've been there and I like it."

Alisha Choudhury, five, from Newcastle, said: "William and Kate are a prince and princess.

When they get married they'll live in a castle and Kate will wear a pink wedding dress.

For their honeymoon they should go to Bangladesh.

I think they will get diamonds, rubies and chocolate for their wedding presents and they'll have a big chocolate wedding cake.

I don't know where they are getting married but they will travel to the wedding in a big purple car."

Lola Chapman, four, from Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, said: "Prince William is the king of the country and of everywhere. He is important because he is the king.

I have never heard of Kate Middleton but she will change her name to Princess Sarah when they get married.

They will live in a big castle in London and she will wear a white dress at the wedding. They are getting married in a church and will get there in a big car.

Prince William will have a job because he is the king and he goes to different countries and tells people what to do. Kate will not work. She will sit down but she'll fly everywhere.

They should go somewhere cold for their honeymoon because it is hot here now and they will cool off.

They will get flowers and chocolate for their wedding presents.

They will have a white wedding cake but it will be little."

James Walker, six, from Cullercoats, North Tyneside, said: "Prince William is the Prince of London and Kate is an ordinary person.

When they are married they will live in a castle. It will be made of grey stone. They will have lots of horses and things. Maybe some guards. They won't need a job because they are very rich.

The train of Kate's wedding dress will have wheels on to help her move down the aisle.

They should go to Spain for their honeymoon, I've been to Spain. It's really nice.

They should visit my friends and give them some money.

If I was getting them presents and I had lots of money, I would get them a rocket and space suits.

They will have a really grand wedding cake. It would be white and blue.

It would taste of chicken tikka and pizza and have chocolate sauce on top."

Samantha Pilsbury, seven, from Bishop's Stortford, Herts, said: "I know who Kate is because she's got long, brown hair and wears lipstick. For the wedding she's going to wear a big dress in white.

I know that Prince William works as a knight and he fights other people who try to fight him.

I think Kate's job is to look after knights.

I think they live in London but they should have a holiday in London too.

Their wedding cake will be made of sponge but there has to be jam in it too as sponge on its own isn't very nice.

For wedding presents I think they'll get more cakes, a nice dress for Kate and a horse."

Samantha's sister Rachel, four, added: "I know that the Royal Wedding is when Kate and William get married. I think Kate's wedding dress will be pink and she'll wear pink nail polish.

Their wedding cake is made out of Smarties and for a present they'll get a crown and a dog."

Robert Wilson, seven, from North Shields in North Tyneside, said: "Prince William is the Queen's grandson and Kate is the girl who is getting married to him.

After they get married they will live in Buckingham Palace, where the Queen lives. The Queen looks after the world and supports the whole country.

Kate and Prince William will not have jobs. Kate will be very happy and it will be happy ever after for them.

They will make the world happy and they will help the Queen look after the world.

Kate will wear a nice wedding dress. It will have frills and lots of sparkles. They will get married in a nice church and there will be trillions of people there.

I don't know what presents they will get. I would get them a throne to sit on if I was rich."

James Goodwin, seven, from Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, said: "Prince William and Kate will probably live in a house similar to Buckingham Palace after they get married and have jobs - but I don't know what they will do.

Kate will wear a big dress in white or pink but white is probably better.

For their wedding presents they will get something priceless and unbreakable from their guests. I would buy them a decorated money jar.

Their cake will be iced white and it will have a big bottom and be smaller on the top. They are getting married in the garden of Buckingham Palace and will arrive in a posh car, a very posh car."

His brother Mathew, six, who drew the main image above, added: "I think William and Kate will live in a castle in London once they are married and will both go to work. Prince William will work in an office doing office work and maybe Kate will too.

Her dress will be white and she will have a long thing on her head. They will go to Barnstaple in Devon for their honeymoon.

That is where we went on holiday and it was quite hot."

Vienna Deynoo, six, from Essex, said: "Kate is pretty with long, brown hair - but I don't know what William looks like.

She's going to wear a white dress for the wedding and she'll look very pretty.

For their honeymoon I think Kate and William will go somewhere hot and sunny.

And they will swim in the sea.

They will get lots of wedding presents, like flowers for Kate as well as diamond earrings."

Vienna's cousin Kiera Taylor, also six, added: "I think Kate will have a brown wedding dress.

For wedding presents she'll get a brown teddy bear and William will get a white one.

After you get married you go on holiday and I think they will go to Hawaii.

Kate and William both have jobs. Kate goes to work reading books while Prince William's job is writing letters.

If I was a princess, I'd ask for a doll called Sally with a summer dress on, like my cousin has."

j.sloan@the-sun.co.uk


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment